I found a recipe on Pinterest via "The Kitchen" and knew I had to try it. This was my result.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Friday, February 24, 2012
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Whole Chicken- The bigger the better
- 2 Large Cans of Hominy *Picture shown below for those who don't know what it is.
- Pkg. of Menudo Spice Mix *Picture shown below for those who have never seen it. If you can't find this, you can try using about 5 tbs of chili powder. You can add more or less depending on your taste.
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced) or Garlic Salt
- Half of an onion
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Small Frozen Corn on the Cob (optional)
- Take your thawed chicken and remove the giblets. Boil your chicken in a big pot. Use the biggest pot you normally use for soups.
- Once the chicken is cooked, do not throw away the broth. Remove all the chicken from the bones and put your chicken back in the pot.
- Once your chicken is back in the pot, you want to add the following to your pot:
- 2 Large Cans of Hominy (drained).
- Menudo Spice Mix. Use the whole pkg.
- Half of a chopped or sliced onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced) or garlic salt is fine too.
- Salt- quantity depends on your taste
- Corn on the cob
- Fill the pot with more water almost to the top.
- Cook at medium to medium high heat until menudo spices dissolve and hominy is cooked.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
- First we baked an angel food cake. You can purchase one already made. Cut your angel food cake in squares.
- 1st layer- Angel Food Cake Square
- 2nd Layer- Fresh Pinapple cut into squares
- 3rd Layer- Large Marshmallows
- 4th Layer- Strawberry
- Repeat until you get to the end.
- Melt the flat Chocolate Chips for baking. I purchase the plastic bags for decorating cakes then place the chocolate chips in the bag. You can even find these at Hobby Lobby. Microwave as directed until melted.
- Drizzle your cobobs with chocolate. The chocolate will harden.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
I have been trying to get my kids to eat a little more healthy so I decided to make something fun and easy with them and they absolutely love it. Surprisingly, they told me they taste better than the ones from McDonalds.
- First we crushed some graham crackers then added the graham crackers as the bottom layer.
- 2nd Layer- Add sliced strawberries, blueberries and rasberries. I cut my strawberries with a crinkle cutter to make it fun for the kids.
- 3rd Layer- 99% Lowfat Plain Yogurt. I don't like anything lowfat but this yogurt is good. Then again if I'm not mistaken, I think all yogurts are lowfat?
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you get to the top of your clear plastic tumbler.
- Sprinkle the top with graham crackers and add another layer of your fruit.