Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What works best for advertising your site

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) WELCOME and Thank you for stopping by. I am new at this blogging thing so please bear with me as I am learning about it. Feel free to leave any tips and info on blogging if you'd like to as well.

I have a website on etsy. I sell affordable, exquisite, unique handmade jewelry at http://www.rosesdesigns.etsy.com/.

I would like to start off by having everyone post what they do for advertising their site and what you think works best for you.

3 comments:

  1. Heya! Welcome to blogland! I am still experamenting with the whole "what works best" ideas and kinda thing there is not one best thing. I do lots of stuff to advertise, but mostly, I try to be present and helpful. Here are more tips, tricks and ideas. Check the previous posts, it's not all promotion. www.awesomechicksofetsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, welcome! My blog is http://sheepshapespinning.blogspot.com and I find that commenting on other people's blogs tends to get my own name out there ;) Also I make sure it is in my profile for craft websites like ravelry.com . The important thing is to update regularly! I try to post at least once a week if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi rosesdesigns. The etsy forums is also a good place to get recognized. The more you participate the more people become familiar with your avatar and your name and the more likely they'll be to join in on one of your forum threads.
    Matter of fact it was in an etsy forum thread that I saw your blog URL posting. Don't be discourage, all blogs have to start off fresh and new, with just a handful of followers. When my own little blog was a newbie it sat around for several months with a big fat 0 for followers. I couldn't even get my friends and family to visit or follow it. LOL

    ReplyDelete